Tuesday, May 5, 2009

My Desire...To Be Used By You

Mother's Day is a very special day in more ways than one! I will post my Mommy post soon. Another reason Mother's Day is so, so special to me is this time last year I accepted my calling into Ministry on Mother's Day last year. I hope in sharing this with you-someone's heart will be touched. I hope it encourages someone to jump.

So how did I know I was being "called"? Well, I just knew. I was at a point where I was ready to sell, move, and give up all of my possessions and plans for the future. I'm such a planner-get married, have x-amount of children by 30, live here and do this so this was so out of character. And of course I talked it over with my pastor. I have never in my life been so passionate about sharing Christ with others. After beginning Footprints the Lord placed this passion in my heart. It is unexplainable. I wish I could give just an ounce of it to everyone. I'm at the point in my life where I just want to share it with everyone. Ask Robyn-I'll even talk to people at Pizza Hut about it. ha!

What did I do after my "calling"-that sounds so serious doesn't it? I prayed and prayed. I still wasn't sure where and what to do. So I sat still and listened. I was working for a law firm that I loved, handling Footprints on the side. Things were great! Then one morning the pastor called looking for G. He knew G had to lay off some employees and the pastor had an opening as his assistant. I was like Bro. David that would be perfect for me. I was literally in tears-have you ever had one of those God moments? It was like "Hello, Lord you called me this morning" Well it wasn't just handed to me. I had to interview and then discuss pay. Oh goodness-that was the clincher-a pay cut. Hmmm...that's wasn't going to work. So then I prayed more and more. You know when you're about to make a decision, you just want the Lord to shine a bright light down and say "Kim take this job, it will be ok" It did not make since on paper. But I had a peace about it so I jumped. And since then we have been blessed beyond measure in all areas of our life.

So now, I feel like I'm finally serving where I'm supposed to be. It is amazing! I can work and do Footprints. I look back now and think wow-the Lord knew exactly what he was doing. I just had to TRUST him. Now, this doesn't mean I won't be called to something else. I'm praying- Lord where you lead me I will follow.

If you are at a point of not sure what road to take. Pray, Pray, Pray. Then follow where the Lord is leading you! He has a plan for everyone!

All this stuff here on earth isn't going with us....So do something that will last and change the hearts of people eternally and share your faith with someone today.

So with this said "This is my Desire....To Be Used By You"

"I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength to do his work. He considered me trustworthy and appointed me to serve him" 1 Timothy 1:12





Last Mother's Day making my decision public at church

No comments: