Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Baby Jake's Arrival

Oh I have so much to tell you about the last several weeks. It has been quite a whirlwind! John Parker and I moved to Montgomery for about 3 weeks to insure that Dr. Phillips would be there to deliver Jake. We had so much fun living with Aunt Bobyn(Robyn), Uncle Brian and Cooper. We spent everyday together doing fun things. I wouldn't take back the 3 weeks we spent together for anything!

On to the delivery...we arrived at Baptist Hospital at 6am on Feb. 15th for my scheduled c-section. To say I was a nervous wreck was an understatement. I was asking for medication to calm my nerves when I hit the door. Only to hear they don't give anything until after the baby has been born. All I could think about was my experience with John Parker and how I just wanted everything to be ok this time. Dr. Phillips came in before the surgery and prayed with us. That helped me calm down so much. To know my doctor has the Lord guiding him was such a blessing.

The epidural went great! I requested no students doing it. With John Parker it was a disaster. This lady knew exactly how to do it the very first time it took. Surgery went well! Then I heard the most beautiful noise, Jake's cry! It's unexplainable the feeling you get when you hear that for the first time. The staff was great in keeping me informed on his condition the whole time. Then I met my sweet boy! Wow, God is so good! Words can't describe the feeling you get meeting your child for the very first time. Absolutely amazing! Jake was born at 8:14am weighing 8lbs and 8oz!
We had a great stay at the hospital! I didn't take one moment for granted. I didn't get to experience having John Parker in our room when visitors came. Having Jake in our room was such a blessing. I had my moments throughout our stay where I just cried thinking about all the NICU families and why I was blessed with a healthy child.

We stayed in the hospital until Thursday. When I was discharged John Parker and Jake rode with me in the wheelchair. Another moment for me when I just cried with thankfulness. I didn't get to take a wheelchair ride with John Parker and this time John Parker was with me as well as baby Jake. The Lord has blessed us greatly! We are so thankful for the birth of baby Jake and we look forward to the days ahead as a family of four! Thank you for your prayers, visits, phone calls, emails, and meals. We have been truly blessed by all of our family and friends! I'll have to do a seperate post with more pics of our visitors :-)
"Every good and perfect gift is from above." James 1:17







1 comment:

~k said...

YAY!!!!!!
Those are SO good and you did SUCH a GREAT hob of documenting everything!
I am SO thankful that everything went so smoothly for you!
WE LOVE YOU GUYS!