Friday, November 28, 2008

Stuffed Turkeys!

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving day! We started the day early with JPW waking at 6am(that's the usual time) but I got to sleep till 8:30. Yes that's sleeping in these days. My lovely husband got up with JPW and let me sleep in! It was a great way to start the day off.

Then we headed to the Lake to Bdiddy's and Aunt Pam's house. JPW and Cooper had a blast playing outside, throwing rocks and swinging. We also snagged a few pictures. Cousin "Pooper" as JPW calls him wasn't very excited about the pics. We fed JPW a little early because his lunch is usually at 11am at school. He ate mostly mac and cheese and my corn bake. I was so excited he ate the corn bake. He's not digging veggies these days. Then after his lunch it was time for a nap. He was sacked out. So while he was napping we ate are Thanksgiving lunch. I can't tell you the last time we've eaten without JPW, we were able to talk with cousin Lindsey and even tossed in a few rounds of "Are You Smarter than a 5th grader" I was the host, I know I'm not smarter than a 5th grader. I soon found hosting was just as hard because I couldn't pronounce half the words. By the way, have you ever heard of the word "superlative" well I hadn't and I pronounced it as "super-late-tive" This was the first year we played board games. Cousin Lindsey's boyfriend Aaron plays games with his family on holidays so we tried to make him feel at home. Yes his team got the million dollar question right. ha!

After Bdiddys and Aunt Pam we headed to Uncle Marvin and Aunt Peggy's house in Wetumpka. Cousins Mark, Jen, Ayden and Maya were in town from North Carolina. We haven't seen them since last Thanksgiving so it was great to catch up with them. JPW had so much fun running around outside with them. Ayden and Maya love "Uncle G"! Maya spent most of the time snuggling with Uncle "G" on the couch. She is such a cutie! We didn't catch any pics with all three of them. It's hard trying to get 3 kiddies to sit still for a pic. We did have turkey again for dinner and it was wonderful. I just love to eat so Thanksgiving makes me Happy!

So to sum up our Thanksgiving we were quite busy! Even in midst of all this busyness we still remembered to thank the Lord for all of our blessings. I could list a million things I'm thankful for. Especially my incredible Lord, amazing husband, precious son, loving family and friends and fp! I feel so undeserving of all of these things! My God has blessed my life beyond measure!

I hope you and your family had a blessed Thanksgiving!

"Enter his gates with thanksgiving;go into his courts with praise.Give thanks to him and praise his name.For the Lord is good." Psalm 100:4-5













Mommy won't be able to pull out these socks too much longer!











Our annual Thanksgiving
Family Pic














So Thankful for these two special guys!
















Keepin JPW still was so hard!










This Pumpkin helped keep him still

















Smile Boys!












It's ok Pooper!















On a mission!
















Havin fun with his stick!



















Come on Aunt Pam I have lots to show you!


















This is what I got when I told JPW to sit on his bottom!

















Our Little Stuffed Turkey!


















Cousin Maya and JPW!













Sweet Boy!

1 comment:

~k said...

I Spy the Napper!!!!
I sure could have used it on Thanksgiving!
Too cute!